CT Scan London
A dental cone beam CT scan is a machine that combines dental X-rays and computerised tomography to create a 3D image of the jaws, including the bone shape and structure, soft tissues, and teeth. The procedure is entirely pain-free and takes approximately 20 minutes.
Your dentist, dental surgeon, or orthodontist may request a CT scan for several reasons. The detailed imaging, which also shows the nerves in your jaw, will provide the clinician with the ability to diagnose your condition precisely and plan the optimal treatment.
Although the dental cone beam CT scan is mainly used for dental implants and orthodontics (teeth straightening), it is also suitable for:
- Analysis of the jaw, nerve canals, nasal cavity, and sinuses;
- Analysis of bone shape, structure, and tooth positioning;
- Planning surgical procedures for impacted teeth;
- Diagnosis of TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder);
- Discovering the origin of jaw or neck pain;
- Diagnosis of jaw tumours;
- Planning of reconstructive surgery.